To view a summary of our core benefits please check out our on-line Benefits Guide.
Our core benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Flexible Spending
- Life and AD&D
- Death Benefit
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Critical Illness with Cancer
- Healthcare Navigation and Advocacy
- Employee Assistance
- Pension (TMRS)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Longevity Pay
Paid Time Off
Full-Time employees receive paid vacation days after 1 year of service.
- Year 1 through 5: Employees accrue 80 hours of paid vacation each year (Police & non-shift Fire accrue 120 hours)
- Year 6 through 15: Employees accrue 120 hours of paid vacation each year
- Year 16+: Employees accrue 160 hours of paid vacation each year
Due to shift differentials, the following accrual rates apply for firefighters:
- Year 1 through 15: Firefighters accrue 180 hours of paid vacation each year
- Year 16+: Firefighters accrue 240 hours of paid vacation each year
Full-Time employees receive 9 paid holidays per calendar year, including a floating holiday.
- New Year's Day
- Spring Holiday (Friday designated by the City Manager. Firefighters may observe September 11th as the Spring Holiday.)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and the Following Friday
- Christmas Eve (Subject to City Manager approval)
- Christmas Day
- One Floating Holiday
Full-Time employees with 1 through 20 years receive 120 hours of paid sick leave each year. Employees with 20+ years receive 160 hours of paid sick leave each year.
Due to shift differentials, firefighters with 1 through 20 years receive 180 hours of paid sick leave each year. Firefighters with 20+ years receive 240 hours of paid sick leave each year. Sick leave may be banked to a maximum of 130 days.
Employees may use 3 days per calendar year towards immediate family members.
All eligible employees may be granted paid bereavement leave up to 24 hours, (36 hours for shift Fire personnel), per calendar year following the loss of an immediate or extended family member.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) allows employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave, or 26 weeks in certain circumstances, in a 12-month rolling period, from their job for certain medical and family situations, while protecting their job and health benefits. This unpaid leave can be taken in consecutive days or intermittently.
Employees receive service pins for every five years of service.
A cleaning service is provided for Parks, Public Works and Facility Maintenance employees.
A cleaning allowance is provided for Police and Fire employees (shirts only).
Euless Family Life Center
Full-time employees and retirees receive a free membership to the Euless Family Life Center for themselves and their immediate family living in the same household. Part-time employees receive a free membership for themselves.
Texas Star Golf Course
Employees receive a 15% discount on green fees and carts at the Texas Star Golf Course.
Texas Star Conference Centre
Employees receive a 25% discount on room rental Sunday through Friday at the Texas Star Conference Centre.
The Euless Animal Shelter will waive all adoption fees for employees adopting a pet.
Parks and Community Services Rental Facilities
Employees receive a 50% discount on certain City of Euless rental facilities.