Serve on the Historical Preservation Committee. The Committee meets at 10 a.m. on the second Monday of each month from September through June.
- Attend meetings
- Chair or work various specific projects
- Organize artifacts
- Conduct censuses
- Inventory artifacts
- Label artifacts
- Computer entry and scanning of historical photographs and documents
- Photograph the area
- Set up display artifacts
- Decorate facilities
- Monthly cleaning of facility
- Help build various historical structures
- Other projects
Docents are needed on the second Saturday of each month between 12:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. and/or between 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Free training and history lesson
- Docent during regular open house, special tours and area elementary school tours
- Various projects to be done between tours
- Open and close down Heritage Park
- Other services as needed
The Christmas at Heritage Park Annual Event is held on the second Saturday of December between 1 and 5 p.m. Volunteers are needed in two shifts; from 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m. or from 3 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. For details contact Jerry Poteet or call 817-685-1449.
- Tour guide
- Provide oversight for games
- Serve at refreshment booths
- Set up performance stage
- Set up games, booths, etc.
- Clean up after event
The Euless Library Foundation is working in conjunction with the Historical Preservation Committee on a Library History Wall Mural. Commemorate a special event in your life or memorialize your loved ones with a tile.
Artifact Donation or Loan
The Euless Historical Preservation Committee is interested in acquiring furniture, farm implements, photographs, documents or other artifacts predating the 1950s for display at the City Museum. Your artifacts will be lovingly displayed in the all new Euless Museum for generations to appreciate. Some items may be accepted on loan depending on Museum needs. Photographs and other documents can be scanned and returned to you within seven business days.
Historical Wish List:
- Large blackboard
- Any military uniforms, medals or other military items
- Yearbooks from Euless schools
- A life size replica horse (plastic/fiberglass, etc.)
- An old farm wagon
- An old round top working refrigerator
- Documents (local maps, deeds, certificates pertaining to the area)
- Farm equipment
- Cash donations